Are You Experiencing Homelessness? Need Help?
Warming Centers in Kent County:
- Alano Club of Kent County Club: Open 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily 1020 College Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Dégagé Ministries: Open Monday through Saturday 7-11:30 a.m., 2-7:30 p.m., and Sunday from 7 a.m.- 2 p.m., and 4-7:30 p.m. 144 Division Ave S, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Exodus Place(men only): Open Monday through Friday 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. 322 Front Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- Gods Kitchen: Open Monday through Saturday 12:30-2 p.m., and Sunday from 2:30-4 p.m. 303 Division Ave S, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- HQ: M 6-8 p for ages 20-24, M-TH 3:30-5:30 for ages 14-19, T/TH 12:30-2:30 for ages 20-24 320 State St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Guiding Light Works: varies based on temps 255 Division Ave S, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Heartside Ministry: Open Monday through Friday 1-4 p.m. 54 Division Ave S, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Mel Trotter Ministries: Warming center open daily 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., shelter is open 4 pm – 7 am 225 Commerce Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Park Church: Open through Feb, Fridays, 10 a.m. -1:30 p.m. 10 E Park Pl NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Westminster Presbyterian Church: Open Monday through Tuesday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. 47 Jefferson Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Call 2-1-1 anytime to access assistance in Kent County. A representative will connect you to the local intake process. If you live in another nearby county, you can still call 2-1-1 for information on how to find your local resources.
Keep your important documents safe (like birth certificates, photo IDs, proofs of income like pay stubs). When you get housing, you’ll need documents like identification and it can be faster if you don’t have to request them new.
If you don’t have the above items but are homeless, you can still call. Our housing system does not require people to have income or other requirements before you can get help.
Keep track of who you contact for help. You may have to “verify homelessness” by having professionals who can vouch that you were experiencing homelessness.
Unfortunately, our available housing resources are limited and we cannot always help everyone right away. Reach out to us for help, but also talk to friends, family, or other supports you may have to explore your options for help.
If you are looking for affordable housing you can visit www.michiganhousinglocator.com which is a resource that is free to everyone and lists available rentals in the state.
Did you ever serve in the Armed Forces?
There may be additional resources available to you and you have more options of where to access them. You can reach out to any of the following locations:
1120 Monroe NW, Suite 220
Grand Rapids MI 49503; 616-458-5102
Health Care for Homeless Veterans
620 Century Ave SW, #120
Grand Rapids, MI 49503; 616-356-1746
The Salvation Army Housing Assessment Program
1120 Monroe NW, Suite 220
Grand Rapids MI 49503; 616-454-5840
Volunteers of America Michigan
Grand Rapids, MI 49503; 877-509-8387