About the Continuum of Care
The Coalition to End Homelessness serves as the Continuum of Care (CoC) for Grand Rapids, Wyoming, and Kent County. In Kent County, the CoC delegates many responsibilities to its Steering Council (similar to a Board of Directors) composed of representatives from the community. The CoC carries out the following activities:
- Develop and promote integrated, community-wide strategies and plans to prevent and end homelessness;
- Provide leadership and coordination among the numerous local organizations and initiatives that serve the homeless population, and
- Manage the CoC’s single, comprehensive grant application to HUD for Continuum of Care funds and manage State Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds.
The governance charter for the Kent County CoC was adopted on June 27, 2013, and most recently revised on October 22, 2020. Please click here to view a copy.
General Membership Meetings are the fourth Thursday of the month, every other month, 9:30 am- 11 am. Visit our calendar for Zoom information.
2022 Meeting Schedule
- February 24
- April 21 (third Thursday)
- June 23
- August 25
- October 27
- December 15 (third Thursday)
Steering Council meetings are on the third Friday of each month from 8:30 to 10:30am. Visit our calendar for Zoom information.
Agendas and minutes for Steering Council meetings can be found on the Steering Council page.