System Planning & Coordination
Complex social problems require deliberate plans and proven tools to unravel and solve. The Coalition is dedicated to promoting the use of best practices in programs developed to end homelessness.
Housing First is the nationally promoted, evidence-based approach to ending homelessness based on the following main premises:
- Homelessness is a crisis in housing and can be solved with the provision of housing;
- All people can be successful in housing, no matter their history with housing or life factors;
- There are no pre-conditions necessary to becoming housed, no classes, treatments, or time requirements are necessary to become “ready” for housing;
- Support services should be tailored to each person’s unique needs and desires to ensure success in housing;
- After a person is housed, other challenges in life become easier to address. A stable foundation is critical to progress in life;
- All people experiencing homelessness should be treated with dignity and respect and have the right to self-determination.
This means services to end homelessness should not require income, good credit or rental history, clear criminal history or sobriety.
The Coalition’s current strategic plan was created in 2021 out of a need to both create a collective vision and plan for addressing homelessness and to adopt an operating system that would equip us to achieve our vision. Learn more about the plan here.
See how we are doing in our progress toward ending homelessness.
General Membership Meetings
All members as well as the general public are welcome to attend our bi-monthly CoC Meetings. Meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of the month from 9:30 am — 11:00 am.
A Continuum of Care is only as strong as the members and services represented within it. Our Coalition relies upon the hard work of dedicated members to carry the work forward. You can read more from each committee at the links below
- Steering Council
- Coordinated Entry
- Data Analysis
- Funding Review
- HMIS Data Quality
- Nominating Committee
- Youth Committee
CoC Program Applications
One of the most critical actions of the Coalition is to complete the HUD Continuum of Care Program Application for the entire community and all of its HUD CoC-funded programs annually. Previous applications will be posted here, as well as documents for the funding process as it unfolds.